COVID-19 Important information. Read More

Emergency Repairs

Gas Emergency

  • National Grid Service Emergencies
    0800 111 999

Ayrshire Properties

  • Michael Cormack – General Repairs:
    07971 774057 (Ayrshire)
  • ESN – Electrical works:
    01292 261453 (Ayrshire)
  • D. Burns & Sons – Plumbing and heating:
    07729897708 (North Ayrshire)
  • GMPM – general maintenance:
    07707552317 (Ayrshire)


  • The Power Service Electrics and Plumbing
    0141 611 7649

An emergency repair is any fault which threatens further harm to persons or property. Please read these instructions to determine if the situation is an emergency and determine the best point of contact for you.

Heating and hot water

  • Where you or your home is at risk due to a major water leak from any part of the heating system.
  • Please note: Having no hot water is NOT considered an emergency.

Gas leaks

  • If you smell gas, think you have a gas leak, or are worried that fumes containing carbon monoxide are escaping from a gas appliance, please call the free Gas Emergency Services emergency line immediately on 0800 111 999

Lack of power supply

  • This is an emergency if there is a loss of power to sockets throughout your home.
  • Please check with your power supplier before contacting us. If you experience loss of power to lighting circuits we will attend as an emergency only if it presents a hazard, such as light to communal hallway.

Total lack of water supply

  • Please contact the water utility company in the first instance, to make sure that works are not being carried out in the area.

Plumbing leaks

  • If the leak is causing damage then it will be considered an emergency, especially if water is penetrating an electrical fitting. In the interim you should turn off your water supply at your stopcock or gate valve.
  • If the leak is minor and can be contained, then it is not an emergency.

Roof leaks or other damage

  • If damage to the roof is likely to worsen or is hazardous, we will attend to this as an emergency. Usually we will only be able to make the roof safe and arrange for a later repair.

Downpipes and gutters

  • If water is entering the building and causing major damage we will deal with this as an emergency.


  • Tenants should always have the use of one toilet. If it is blocked, we will send someone out to repair it.
  • Please note that if the blockage is caused by your actions, you will be charged for the repair.

Broken windows (glazing)

  • When the damage is caused by a crime, please notify the police who will give you a crime number. We will need this for our records. We will attend and make the window safe and secure and organise later replacement.

Insecure property

  • If the property is insecure, for example a door is damaged as a result of a break-in, a ground floor window is jammed open or a lock will not work, we will attend to this as an emergency.
  • Please note: if the damage is caused as a result of a crime please notify the local police who will supply you with a crime number, which we will need for our records


  • If a lockout occurs due to tenant neglect (such as losing a key or locking it inside the property) you should contact a local locksmith.
  • There may be exceptions where we will attend, such as if the tenant is elderly or infirm, but this will be chargeable to the tenant.

Dangerous walls and fences

  • If walls and fences are in a dangerous condition, for example due to storm damage, we will attend and make them secure.
  • If your situation qualifies as an emergency as above, please contact one of our Out of Hours Emergency Contractor

Out of Hours Emergency Contractors